If you’re looking for a cover letter example (also known as a covering letter or motivation letter), I’m assuming you’re currently looking for a job. Are you recently out of work, fresh out of school, or just interested in upgrading your current job? In either case, you need to keep in mind a number of very important features that a good cover letter example should have. The use of an effective covering letter will drastically improve your chances at getting an interview from a job application by pointing out your key strengths and saving the target employer’s time!
In this article I’ll provide you with some of the most effective elements that every cover letter needs to have. Trust me, it’s amazing how many people truly miss their opportunity at desired jobs because they have a sub-par covering letter that they created from a poor quality online cover letter example.
If you want to improve your job hunting success by leaps and bounds, read on and I’ll show you one of my favorite online resources for a cover letter example, covering letter writing tips, templates, and software that will help you create amazingly effective covering letters!
Five Elements of a Great Cover Letter Example:
1. Every motivation letter you write should always be addressed to a specific person, not a role (i.e. don’t start your motivation letter with “Dear Manager”… Nothing shows your lack of interest in a position more than not taking the effort to know who you are actually applying to.
2. Whenever possible you should begin your letter with a bold, centered attention capturing headline. (e.g. “Immediately available”… include most important/impressive skill)
3. Always write with enthusiasm. If you are tired or not able to get into the writing, leave it and come back later. Also, try to write in a conversational tone. Whoever will be reading your letter will also have many others. A conversational tone is much more enjoyable to read.
4. As with the last point, your prospective employer likely has a large number of resumes with motivation letters to get though. Keep yours short a sweet. Make sure you mention what you need to and then close it off.
5. Make sure you mention why you are the right fit for the job. This is a main focus of the motivation letter. A good quality cover letter example can definitely help you do this the right way.